Monologue -Buried Child

SHOW
CHARACTER
GENDER
Female
AGE RANGE
Late Teen, Young Adult
STYLE
Dramatic
SCENE
Act III, Scene 1
PLAY SETTING
Old Farm House, Illinois, Present Day
TIME PERIOD
Contemporary
SHOW TYPE
Play



Don’t come near me! Don’t anyone come near me. I don’t need any words from you. I’m not threatening anybody. I don’t even know what I’m doing here. You all say you don’t remember Vince, okay, maybe you don;t. Maybe it’s Vince that’s crazy. Maybe he’s made this whole family thing up. I don’t even care anymore. I was just coming along for the ride. I thought it’d be a nice gesture. Besides, I was curious. He made all of you sound familiar to me. Every one of you. For every name, I had an image. Every time he’d tell me a name, I’d see the person. In fact, each of you was so clear in my mind that I actually believed it was you. I really believed that when I walked through that door that the people who lived here would turn out to be the same people in my imagination. Real people. People with faces. But I don’t recognize any of you. Not one. Not even the slightest resemblance.

The reason why i chose this monologue because i felt that this suitable for me and it also dramatic and they story behind it with the young girl going to visit her boyfriend family but the boyfriend family doesn't remember him  which made me want to do this monologue.


Comments

Popular Posts