Children play - The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs

Today lesson Yusuf split us into groups, group one was movement and group two was a voice. My group  Yusuf gave us a story called The Goose that laid the golden eggs and he told us that had to narrate it and add movements to our piece. At first, me and my group find it difficult adding movements to the story but when we started putting ideas together, everything started to come together.
Me and Ty had to pretend to be  an egg which was difficult because we were trying figure out what movement we could add then we got an idea that  we should do a little roll which worked.
Since the Goose dies at the end, all us decide  Georgia (the Goose) should get chased by Jonhson then while me and Ty pretend to be  the trap that kills the Goose which also worked. 
When me and the group were performing, the other group had to assess us  and give us feedbacks. Miclaire gave me feedback and she said that my use movent was good also my gesture since I didn't use voice, she said that since I'm an object, I should a little sound  and she also said there were different levels which are good. 
Overall I think this was different from what we usually do which is naturalism because doing children play, you have to be really dramatic and have a lot of energy and you have to speak a certain way but for naturalism is about your emotional and trying to connect with your character. 

Comments

Popular Posts