Inez dance

Give a brief description of your dance piece.
The dance that we're doing right now is Westside Story, the first part of the dance is sharp and the movement is fast paced but there's also a slow movement, for example, we do jumps and swing our arms. The Prologue dance is an introduction of both gangs called Jets and Shark, how they're behaviour toward each other. 
Give a brief description for what you have done over the past 45 weeks.   
For the past 4-5 weeks, we have been doing different dance style for example commercial, In the first week, Inez gave us a choice to a dance style that is suitable for us and there's was different options, for example, there was easy commercial, hard commercial, street dance and contemporary.The dance I chose was Beyonce - Run the world, the easy commercial is one of the dances that I found easy and it was fast pace and had energy and there was a little diva about the dance.  Not only we learnt the different dance style, we also learnt West Side Story dance and even watching the prologue to get the idea of the dance, the dance that we learned was the prologue, gym ,The dance at gym,Officer Krupke and America.
What did you find difficult? 
1. In the officer Krupke, what I find difficult  is the footwork
 example jump kick and the turns
2. Mambo dance- What I find difficult is the partner footwork examplemoving back and forth and also to the side.
3.  Prologue - The timing for the Prologue and footwork
example change ball change
What did you find easy?
1. Space awareness
example: always look for space and always be an aware of my space
2. Good focus
example: Whenever I don't know moves, I make sure I ask for help and try and get moves right
3. Officer Krupke dance
example: I know the movement
3 targets for the future 
*Improve my timing
*Work on my flexibility
*Work on my footwork

Comments

Popular Posts