Musical Theatre Character research - West side story

                                                              Officer Schrank


Image result for officer schrank west side story

In Westside in the beginning of the play, a character called Lt. Schrank, who is a police officer  Dislikes the Jets but hates the Sharks more. A dangerous and racist cop.He also has a partner called Officer Krupke he is a beat cop who is hopelessly ineffectual and a figure of fun.
I am a police officer, who makes sure that the town is safe and also make sure that the Jets are not making any trouble since the Sharks has moved into to the neighbourhood. It's my job to make the people feel safe and not threaten.On an average day, I'm still working, I take my job very serious especially when the Jets and Shark are having a disagreement and planning on doing something to each other.
At the start of the play, I'm in the car with Officer Krupke having a normal conversation until we see a big fight between Sharks and Jet.Since the fight is getting out of hand, I know that at the end, someone will end up in prison and someone will end up killed. When I'm not on stage, I am investigating and asking questions about the two gangs because I have a feeling that something gonna happen because the way they act towards each other. I don't have any fear because I'm in charge of the town, people are afraid of me especially the Sharks and the Jets, my obsession is to put down both gang and put them in prison. I don't get along with the Sharks, I'm waiting for them to mess up so I can put them where they belong.
My full name is Lt.Schrank, I don't have a nickname, I prefer people call me my actual name because I find that respectful.
I am in my early 30's, I don't really like to talk about my age, I don't have any relatives but I'm close with Officer Krupke we're always together.
My education wasn't that bad, I was focused in school and I made sure that my grades were good, education made me realised that I wanted to become a police officer and take down criminals, when I approach Sharks and Jets, I make sure that my head is up straight and show them that I'm not playing games by giving them a straight face.
I always have energy especially when it comes to Jets and Sharks, both of the gang has problems with each other and I need to stop them, I believe in justice, If someone did a crime they need to face the consequences and I am not a religious or spiritual person but I know there's someone out there. I'm secret about my personal life, I never talk about my personal life and I don't even talk to anyone unless it's a serious conversation.If I have to lie, I have to be in a serious situation for me to lie, I never lie about little things because it's not worth it.
Since I work day and night, I don't cook at all, I  get take out's because I don't have time to cook and plus I am a police officer, the two meals that I always have is pizza and Chinese food.








Comments

Popular Posts