Unit 47 Jazz Dance Assessment

For the past few month, we have been doing a Jazz dance and the theme was Flash dance which based in the 80's , this require a lot of punch, claps  and contracted feet , arm and hand positions for example in the beginning of the dance routine there was floor work which involved in contracted feet , arms and hands. The dance is full of energy and some of the dance routine is fast especially near the end of the dance. i find the experience challenging and enjoyable , the exercise that we been doing in dance lesson was really helpful for example the jazz walk, isolation's,leg kicks ect. For the past few lesson i improved on my skills and my flexibility especially when were doing a lot of stretching and core work,it also helped me build my strength but there still improvements.
Strength:
Strength 
The first part of the dance routine I did well on my contracted feet, arm and hand position,I made sure while I was dancing that I was smiling. while i was performing put energy into the dance routine , near the end of the dance and i made sure that i stay in my position until the music ends.

Weakness
I lose balance while i lifted up one my leg up but i didn't make it obvious and i continue with the dance routine.
Close to the end my timing wasn't good until we did the last dance routine.
Technique 
  • Improve my balance , when I'm lifting one of my legs up because sometimes I lose balance for me to improve , I need to do some exercise that involved balance for example leg kicks and 
  • I need to improve my timing , there are times when I do the dance routine on right time but for me to improve , I need to go over the dance routine and if I don't know some of the movement , I will ask for help 
  •  I will record the dance routines , this will help me not to forget the routine and also see what i need to improve. 
Performance
  • Put a lot of energy into the performance
  • always make my movement big for example stretch my arms and legs  
  • every movement needs to be sharp e.g combining different body parts in movements 
Targets
Technique:
Do some balance exercise at home for 10 or 20 minutes e.g stand on foot while one of your legs are off the floor.
Stretch your body e.g stretch parts of your body that you feel that is not stretch enough for example your back , your legs - 10 or 20 minutes
Work on my Jive various turns - pratice at least 10 minutes

Performance:
 continue putting in alot of energy while performing for example continue making your  movement sharp
i will always make sure extend and contract my feet,arm and hand position.




Comments

Popular Posts